Friday, February 16, 2007

Charlie's Muse

Its days like today that make me think that Charlie Chaplin is sitting up in Heaven watching me and making notes. That or i am Charlie's puppet; i think its the latter myself.

So many things went wrong today yet if i had watched them in a Chaplin short it would be gold.

Ill do point form - much easier.

Lets start * Waking up with a tummy ache and not being able to move for about 20 minutes

*My car wouldn't start (note it did end up starting however making me later)

*I couldn't park where i had planned to to get the bus so i had to walk bullshit away from where the bus stop is (all this and painfully becoming aware that i was getting blisters on my feet from my 7 inch heels)

*Bus was late.

*Got to work late with very sore balls ..... (Balls of my feet thank you!)

*Go to train station for interview in plenty of time - walk up to the platform and hear "the train on platform 4 has been delayed"..... ok Ill cab it and train it back with my return ticket.

*As i leave - my ticket gets eaten... of course

*Get a cab.. oh good he knows where he is going... ok he wants banter.. not a problem... how this ends up with him praying in the cab and giving me church paraphernalia I'm not quite sure but it was a LONG cab ride.

*Had to buy new shoes... not soo much a bad thing really but my pounded feet certainly are.

Interesting huh? And all in one morning....

Cue Charlie walking from Camera twirling cane...... and CUT!

Oh and by the way - the interview went ok. Im happy with myself and if i dont get it i'll just chalk this one up to experience.

2 comments:

Shain Shapiro said...

Hey You Lovely Lady...

if you moved to London, you're hired. No questions asked. I'll even pay you a small pittance. Speak soon I hope.

Shain Shapiro said...

second comment... I hope you get the job, even though secretly I want you to move to London and work at my label; well, I just want you to be happy, so whichever.. but my option is fun and filled with promises of jellybeans and no old people coughing. xx